Translate

Friday, March 20, 2009

2008: Bali


Instead of going to Borneo, I went to Bali. This time the office paid me to go there for a technical analysis training.

We stayed at Wina Holiday hotel in Kuta. I had a day off there and spend the whole day in Starbucks café in Kuta, working on the bonds market story for 2008. As expected, I was more creative on doing the writing there.

At night, I went to Uluwatu for an hour, stopped by at the airport, read a book for 1.5 hours still at the airport, got bored, then went back to the hotel.

The trainer is an old friend of mine and the other participants are dealers. When we had another opportunity to get out of Kuta, we went to Ubud looking for paintings. I bought two paintings there. While the other was searching on more paintings in Ubud traditional market, I just waited for them and continued reading Taleb’s book in a café in front of the market. So far, the book is about how you value the circumstances that do not happened or hasn't happened yet. I’d prefer drowning in Taleb’s mind than dragging myself to see the bargaining process inside the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment