Translate

Friday, March 20, 2009

2008: Krakatau? and a Museum



Although I don’t have any official leave again, I still try to escape from the routine on weekend. So on a bright and clear Friday morning, I went to the office with my backpack getting ready to go to Anak Krakatau at night. I was going to spend the night on the beach watching the Anak Krakatau fire works with the full moon as the background with some unknown people. I already bought new sandals, as I left my last sandals in Nepal, borrowed a sleeping bag and brought a pocket camera. All prepared. The afternoon came already without I realized it. It was few more hours to be off from the office and went for a weekend outside Jakarta. But a news thrown me to the abyss as something came up, that made me have to stay in Jakarta during the weekend. My friend suggested bringing my laptop to the beach…yeaahh great idea. So, I had to cancel the trip just like that, thus gone of those pictures and the money.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On second thought, you don’t have to be out from Jakarta if you want to break the routine for a short moment. My friends asked me to join them to go to explore one of the museums in Kota. I joined them at noon, while they were already there since the morning. We were exploring every nook and crannies of the museum with the camera. Personally, I enjoyed walking and running through the museum hall, climbing one of its roofs and entered the unfinished part of the building. We were off from the museum at 4 pm, and then took a walk to Batavia Café. One of the pictures taken by Mr. F won the photography contest held that day. It is a picture with a beautiful black and white degradation of the museum pillars from a non black and white photograph with two of my friends walking unintentionally in the middle of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment