Translate

Friday, March 20, 2009

2008: Bali

Once upon a time, I went to Bali on weekend that could give me the same relaxing effect from a week holiday. I arrived there on Friday midnight; spend the Saturday morning in Denpasar, the noon in Ubud, the afternoon in Uluwatu and the night in Kuta; then backed to Jakarta on Sunday noon. It was in September 2007.

I had this kind of trip again in 2008, only it was with my colleagues and arranged by a travel agent. It was my first excursion with a travel agent. You didn’t have to find hotel, food, transportation, destinations and else by yourself.

We spend a night at White Rose Hotel, Legian. Some of my friends were staying at a club until 3 am, while I took a sleep because of the headache I had again during the flight.

In the morning, we went to Lovina and stayed at Melka Hotel. My favorite time there was when we took a ride on a traditional boat in Lovina beach in the morning chasing the dolphin. But I didn’t like the dolphin chasing part. Just let them have their breakfast in peace.

On our way back to Denpasar, we watched a ceremony in Ulundanu Temple in Berantan lake. It was my first time to go the west part of Bali. It’s too bad that we didn’t go to the waterfall also. It was nice, but the tight schedule made me tired as I arrived in Jakarta. Well, I got tired because some of the destinations are crowded shopping area in Bali :)

You have to accommodate different interests when you’re having a trip with a lot of people. While the others shopped, I hang out at the nearest food stall or circled the shopping area a couple of times to kill the time. Still, it's an interesting trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment